About Me

My photo
Orange, California, United States
I am a fiber artist. I design fiber jewelry, wall art, 3-dimensional art and quilts. I love to add texture to my art with found objects. I try not to limit myself by any preconceived ideas of what constitutes art. In my other life I am a veterinarian specializing in cats. I live in a 1928 Spanish Style house in Orange, California with my husband, Bob and our three feline children. I also have a studio in Old Towne Orange called Lady GREENsleeves Designs where I create and teach. .*´¨) ¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•' CLICK ON ANY PHOTO ON THIS BLOG TO ENLARGE THE IMAGE

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF CLIMATE ACTION


On October 24th over 5200 events in 181 countries were held in the most widespread day of environmental action in the planet's history. For their part Zinnia Gallery in South Pasadena, CA held an event featuring 350 pieces of art by various artists with a large part of the proceeds going to "350", the organization heading the worldwide event. For more information on "350" click on the title of this post.
For our parts, my friends, Terry Waldron and Jan Chomyn, and I entered artwork for this sale. Of course Terry's adorable needle felted critters sold right away as did Jan's "Bogie" and my Day of the Dead piece. Our other pieces are still hanging in the gallery along with many other fine artists' work. Be sure and go by to see them if you get a chance.
To see more pictures of the event at Zinnia go to www.zinnia4creativity.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Jamie Fingal said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I am so glad to see you here. Glad you got it together - looks good!